Thursday 26 November 2015

Written - Case study research - Contacting razor companies

Gilette

 I decided to keep it short for now and then I can ask more questions later, I didn't want to put them off





















Good morning,

I was wondering if I could ask a couple questions to help with my dissertation research?
I would like to know the reasoning behind your marketing segmentation method of using both male and female gillette products; in place of just one gender neutral razor? Is there a real difference between the two? Do you find yourself under scrutiny of being sexist by segregating a product into different genders?

Any information regarding this would be incredibly helpful
Thank you for your time

Adele Pierce
Illustration



Bic

I have contacted bic previously, but I emailed again to ask the same question as above


I also looked for anyone that worked for bic in the marketing department or any directors on LinkedIn, and the same for gilette, to see if I could get any inside information rather than through the website

Facebook

I noticed the companies on Facebook so unboxed the questions to that as well and hopefully will get a reply from someone



I also emailed stores that stock the products like telco, asda, to get a response about the store layout of products in different gendered sections


Asda offer this very nice live chat option







This is helpful because it shows that the stores aren't under the same umbrella of having to lay things out in a certain way, it boils down to the manager of the particular store who makes the decisions

Bic pen contacted me back on Facebook to say they couldn't answer my question but gave me the email for the marketing team so I emailed them the same questions



Morrisons



No comments:

Post a Comment