Monday 16 November 2015

Practical development : Themes, photoshop & fonts

So I don't fall under the trap of just illustrating my dissertation I am looking at the themes within my dissertation that I could brainstorm ideas for
  • celebrity endorsement
  • gender
  • gender roles
  • sexism
  • representation
  • stereotypes / breaking stereotypes
  • persuasion
  • manipulation
  • sexualisation
  • culture
  • male gaze
  • female gaze
  • role models
  • influence
  • encouragement
  • colour association
  • marketing
  • reaction
  • simplicity
Starting off with celebrity endorsement.
Messages I want to get across from this :
  • Why do we buy into what celebrities promote?
  • How they will promote just about anything
  • How the products don't always work
  • badly photoshopped image










Breaking stereotypes


Gender biased ads



Sexualisation


Gendered products




Manipulative ads - want to make you feel something, Shock factor




Photoshopped Ads

This influenced me to play around on Photoshop with adverts. I began looking at the sexualisation of our bodies in advertisement and it gave me the idea of us being pieces of meat.





Colour association

I wanted to explore how much  we associate colour with gender within advertisement, and whether if it were presented as a colour we would not expect for the product, would we still buy it according to our gender?

Original


Coloured to look feminine



















font experimentation




What I will be producing :
  • one toothpaste box designed for males
  • one toothpaste box designed for females
  • one proposal of a toothpaste tube with female logo
  • one proposal of a toothpaste tube with male logo
  • one bus stop poster for male toothpaste
  • one bus stop poster for female toothpaste
  • one website mock up proposal showing the two available toothpastes for sale
  • possibly something to show how the toothpaste will be advertised in store
  • Youtube advertisement proposal for male toothpaste
  • Yoututbe advertisement proposal for female toothpaste
This will show how I have designed a new product, and how I have marketed it to suit the consumers needs. 










No comments:

Post a Comment