Thursday 15 October 2015

Written - Contacting Bic

Hi,
My name is Adele Pierce. I am currently in the last year of my Illustration degree and I have chosen the pen 'Bic for her' as a product to research in my dissertation. I am looking at how products use gender within their advertisement and whether this is a necessary and successful selling tool. I just wondered if you could shed some light on this product or point me in the direction of someone who can?
Why was this product designed for females in particular, do we as humans on a whole not use pens collectively? Does purely selling for females impact on the sales of your products? For example, have you found that more or less females have purchased the pen. Have they been offended by this much like Ellen Degeneres was when you asked her to be the mascot of the pen?
Do you think it was necessary to connote a specific gender when advertising a product?
Thank you for your time, this would really help with my dissertation research and I would be most grateful for any feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment