Friday 16 October 2015

Practical : Could I make my own gendered toothpaste brand?

Thus far, the advertisement of toothpaste is gender neutral, and seen more of a 'family' product. I could produce two separate gendered toothpastes and market these to be gender specific. Extremely exaggerated - to show that this is the way advertisement is going. The future ( obviously mocking it


  • Why toothpaste? Because physically it will be easy for me to produce a toothpaste box so I have something physical I would just need a net and design on top of that.. unlike say a razor packet that's plastic.. Thus far it has not been gendered, at least not to a big scale to for use of selling. 
  • I could also pitch this idea to a big brand such as Colgate, see their reaction. 
  • It allows for some illustrative designs on the box of teeth maybe? 
  • I can play with the wording, feminine being pastel coloured box, calligraphic font, fruity, zesty, hints of strawberry.. males being scientific, useful, a break down of exactly what the toothpaste is going to do to our teeth. Specific flavours etc, dark coloured box, formal font. 
  • I feel like theres scope to really exaggerate it and make it funny and to make a specific gender for it seems ridiculous which is what I want to say


Colgate adhere to families and couples, like colgate brings everyone together
Cute couple advertising, like hey we both brush our teeth with colgate, together.


To all you mums out there protect your kids with colgate


So where do the singletons come in? The different sexualities? The career driven that don't want kids?

They've already got gender specific kids toothpaste, strawberry flavour for girls

Imagery

celebrity endorsement







Over time  how its changed 









Some questions for a questionnaire



Sex sells 


Targetting men with health words 




No comments:

Post a Comment