Thursday 15 October 2015

Written - Contacting Snickers

I sent a message to snickers asking about their 'get some nuts' slogan


It read : 

Hi, 
My name is Adele Pierce and I am actually a student from England. I am currently in the last year of my Illustration degree and I have chosen Snickers as a product to research in my dissertation. I am looking at how products use gender within their advertisement and whether this is a necessary and successful selling tool. I just wondered if you could shed some light on the 'get some nuts' slogan, or point me in the direction of someone who can. 
Why was this slogan chosen, other than the obvious fact snickers contains nuts, the underlying message is that you are appealing to a target audience of males. Does this impact on the sales of your products? For example, have you found that less females have purchased Snickers because of this? 
Do you think it was necessary to connote a specific gender within the advertisement of Snickers? 

Thank you for your time, this would really help with my dissertation research and I would be most grateful for any feedback. 

Adele Pierce



No comments:

Post a Comment