Tuesday 5 January 2016

Practical - Poster - molar

Again with the posters in order to compliment the boxes I want to leave them black and white so the composition and context has to be interesting enough to stand alone in black and white. 

I already had elements I wanted to include when I was trying out bits for the toothpaste box so I decided to just utilise them and create a composition with them all. I knew I wanted a barbershop feel so I used those contextual references to create this. 







Western influence

When I showed the composition to my peers they said they felt it was all very central and that it was bare it needed some sort of texture. I said to them what about a western wanted poster and they liked that idea so I looked for some of these textures for the background. I still wanted it to be in black and white though, so I would have to change the colours. 


Chosen background 


I liked this set up but I thought that the text at the bottom looked too dragged out horizontally and that it should be aligned with the top row of text



I shaded some of the areas for more contrast and I was finally happy with it to print. 







No comments:

Post a Comment